The IT Business Continuity Application Analyst will be tasked with developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures to secure the organization's systems and data, validating compliance with disaster recovery standards as those outlined by Disaster Recovery Institute International, and coordinating with internal stakeholders to ensure relevant parties are aware of cyber resilience goals.
The BCDR Analyst is expected to have a strong understanding of industry best practices, as well as excellent communication and time management skills. The position should be able to work independently and as part of a team and be comfortable interacting with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Scope and Impact:
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all business units adhere to Our Cyber Resilience activities and align with IT Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance Programs. To achieve this, they will evaluate the program objectives and identify any shortcomings in business processes, procedures, and controls. The team member will then work to design and document effective procedures to address any gaps and achieve compliance with program objectives. Additionally, they will be tasked with designing, implementing, and facilitating key performance indicators and metrics for the Cyber Resilience program.
- Develop, implement, and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, and processes for both IT and OT Operations
- Participate in risk assessments to identify potential threats to the organization and evaluate the impact of those threats on critical business operations
- Test and evaluate disaster recovery and business continuity plans on a regular basis to ensure their effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate with various departments within the organization to ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans align with overall business objectives and priorities
- Identify and address gaps in business processes and controls to achieve compliance with BCDR program objectives.
- Continually evaluate and enhance BCDR plans and validate plan changes with live tests and tabletop exercises involving various business units
- Maintain BCDR document repositories
- Stay current with industry standards, best practices, and emerging trends for disaster recovery and business continuity
- Conduct business impact analyses and assist business units to determine critical processes, identify acceptable recovery time periods, and establish resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster
- Communicate regularly with senior management to provide updates on disaster recovery and business continuity planning efforts and to ensure that plans remain aligned with overall business objectives
- Performs risk analysis for corporate functional areas to identify points of vulnerability and recommend disaster avoidance and risk reduction strategies
- Support information requests and meetings related to regulatory exams, internal audits, and compliance testing for Cyber Resilience Program encompassing business continuity and disaster recovery initiatives
- Conducts periodic call notification tests with all departments
- Maintains BCDR Intranet website and other communications channels and repositories
- Work directly with BCDR System Administrator to plan, test, and execute recovery scenarios as outlined by the Cyber Resilience Manager
- Understand application architecture and infrastructure interdependencies
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Extensive industry experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of experience in application disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Strong knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuity planning methodologies and best practices
- Experience with developing and maintaining disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Strong project management skills and experience liaising between IT Services for Infrastructure, Networking, Operations, and Security Incident Responders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with leadership and teams at all levels within the organization
- Capable of working independently, prioritize tasks effectively, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Travel requirements 10%
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Experience managing communication and documentation with business units using SharePoint
- Certifications as Business Continuity Professional such as CCP, CRP, CBCP, CDRE
- Experience writing, administering, and maintaining a ransomware mitigation strategy.
- Experience providing consulting services to Fortune / Global 1000 clients and/or domain experience within relevant industry verticals such as Oil and Gas, Utilities, Manufacturing, etc.